Thursday, January 3, 2019

Welcome!

There is history all around us.  Everywhere you look, there is a story to be learned.  I have learned much over the three years that I have been chronicling cemeteries at A Walk Through The Tombstones and in learning of those families, I have found so much about the towns and locales where they lived.  I felt that it was time to talk about those as well.

So in conjunction with A Walk Through The Tombstones, I introduce you to Towns Gone By, a place where the lives of those buried near by will come to life in the towns where they lived.

But, granted, not all small towns had cemeteries.  So I am going to do my best to talk about those, too.  It is very important to me that none of these places are forgotten.  And, as time marches on, they are being overgrown by land or bulldozed to build a strip mall.  It's not fair to the memory of those that lived and thrived there. 

Check back often. I hope to be able to updated frequently. 

Please follow me at both of my blogs, A Walk Through The Tombstones and Towns Gone By.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love both your sites . . . feels like I'm strolling with you - chatting and enjoying the day.

Amber said...

Thank you so much!

Post a Comment

Template by:

Free Blog Templates